Monday, May 16, 2011

Rear Overhaul Done

When I received all the parts, I gave them to a friend from Finnshark.com so he could measure the correct shims needed for making the spindle/bearing package tight enough. Then the bearings were pressed to the spindle and support. And naturally the parts were cleaned and painted. Finally after couple of nights, the 'Vette had rear wheels again.


While working with the spindles, we also installed the new parking brake system. I found pretty good instructions for it but they were still really fiddly. After some cursing they finally admitted defeat, got installed and the rear overhaul was done!

Next on the list was taking the front lower control arms out and changing their bushings and joints. And while at it, I planned to fix the leaking power steering cylinder, leaking brake caliper and looking why the steering was so loose. I hoped it would be fixed by just adjusting the steering box...

No comments:

Post a Comment